Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
RuffS3
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: S3 8P Soon :)

Post by RuffS3 »

Whats up gents,

Will be looking to get an S3 8P in the new year so thought I would join up.

Lekker
Stu
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 11 months
Car Make: Merc
Car Model: C63 Edition 507
Membership No: missing

Re: Newbie

Post by Stu »

welcome
Polo 20VBigT - The Redhead
Kia Sportage - The Silver Surfer
C63 507 Edition - The Dragon
Isuzu 4x4 - Little Joe
Rustler Bakkie - Good Old Jimmy
Brat Boy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 9 months
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Post by Brat Boy »

RuffS3 wrote:Whats up gents,

Will be looking to get an S3 8P in the new year so thought I would join up.

Lekker

Welcome and goodluck with the search
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Welcome to the forum
Many best wishes on the search of the S3.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 6 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Hello and welcome to the forum!
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Welcome and enjoy the forum :cool:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Ian_F
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Voetswagen
Membership No: 1846

Post by Ian_F »

Hello :)
Carel040
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by Carel040 »

Welcome and enjoy the form
Cheers

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Stu wrote:welcome
Stu whats up, you still got your Fezz?
Mk1Crazee
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 8 months
Car Model: 1980 Mk1 4 Door 2L8V

Post by Mk1Crazee »

Welcome to the forum. The S3 has been a hot topic on the forum as of late. A Specific S3
1989 VW Fox 1800 (Sold)
1985 Ford XR3 1600Sport (Restoration Sold)
2004 Mk1 Golf 1.4i Velo Motor (Sold)
1980 Mk1 Old School Golf 2L8V

Shallow Pockets. Backyard Builder :moon:
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking at a S3 8P with or without mods, my plan is to go full stage 2+ and later on hybrid or GT28 turbo with all supporting mods, would also like to bag it but first will ride with colies :) bagging is still very expensive but dam I love it. My main goal is to have a S3 that can do a 12 second 1/4 mile and drive to a show and shine/stance show straight afterwards.
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Mk1Crazee wrote:Welcome to the forum. The S3 has been a hot topic on the forum as of late. A Specific S3
What has been so hot about the topic :)
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

RuffS3 wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys, looking at a S3 8P with or without mods, my plan is to go full stage 2+ and later on hybrid or GT28 turbo with all supporting mods, would also like to bag it but first will ride with colies :) bagging is still very expensive but dam I love it. My main goal is to have a S3 that can do a 12 second 1/4 mile and drive to a show and shine/stance show straight afterwards.
Welcome

My friend to achieve your goal you are going to spend more than twice what a new S3 currently costs.

Not that I want to dissuade you from your dream, but if you want a realistic idea of the money involved, ask IanF about his Golf R build and how much he's spent so far. Then remember the car as it currently stands isn't complete and will still have lots more work done till he's totally satisfied. The car is already amazing and above any level you'd expect from a "local" build.

Also remember it's the small details the Plebs will never notice or appreciate that usually take the most time and money.

If you get the Jan issue of SNS mag, they are featuring an S3 build I've followed on this forum for around three years. I am in awe of all the time and money that's gone into that car. Another truly phenomenal car.

My point is that you are in the right place for inspiration and learning, but brother them shoes you puttin' on are biiiig!
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
LostEnigma
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Model: S3 8L
Membership No: 3207

Post by LostEnigma »

missioner wrote:
RuffS3 wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys, looking at a S3 8P with or without mods, my plan is to go full stage 2+ and later on hybrid or GT28 turbo with all supporting mods, would also like to bag it but first will ride with colies :) bagging is still very expensive but dam I love it. My main goal is to have a S3 that can do a 12 second 1/4 mile and drive to a show and shine/stance show straight afterwards.
Welcome

My friend to achieve your goal you are going to spend more than twice what a new S3 currently costs.

Not that I want to dissuade you from your dream, but if you want a realistic idea of the money involved, ask IanF about his Golf R build and how much he's spent so far. Then remember the car as it currently stands isn't complete and will still have lots more work done till he's totally satisfied. The car is already amazing and above any level you'd expect from a "local" build.

Also remember it's the small details the Plebs will never notice or appreciate that usually take the most time and money.

If you get the Jan issue of SNS mag, they are featuring an S3 build I've followed on this forum for around three years. I am in awe of all the time and money that's gone into that car. Another truly phenomenal car.

My point is that you are in the right place for inspiration and learning, but brother them shoes you puttin' on are biiiig!
I’m watching you :hug: thank you brother!!

OP, set your goals realisticly and make them happen...

One thing I will advise... don’t make your daily your project, don’t make your project a race car and don’t make your race car, your show car :lol:

Been there... cried a lot.. spent a lot... and still hardly see the car at home...

But best of luck! We will support you all the way!
Current:

2003 Mexico Blue Audi S3 8L 280.7 WKW - 424NM - Bagged by FS Projects, YT Revision & Only Charged Dubs - ISPIRI WHEELS FTW

Ex:

2013 VW Candy White Polo Vivo GT - SOLD
1997 VW White Chico Golf - SOLD
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

missioner wrote:
Welcome

Welcome Ruff S3

Thanks for the kind words missioner. :hug:

If that’s your goal, do it! Gaven set me a challenge a while back...

Run 12s, air out after the quarter mile.
It’s possible!

Budget about double what you thought and you’re a for away.

Enjoy your stay here and keep us updated with your progress !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaredm
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by jaredm »

No need to go extreme, A healthy 8p S3 with stage 2+ can easily do 12’s.

Don’t buy crap cheap coil overs.

Welcome

2015 Golf VII GTi Performance Pack DSG
Mk2 Golf 2.0l 16v Exec

Ex:
2012 Edition 35 Dsg CPI Stg2
Golf 6 .:R DSG CPI Stg2+
Scirocco 2.0TSi DSG K04
Golf 3 VR6 Turbo
Golf V GTi DSG
Mazda 3 MPS
jaredm
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by jaredm »

No need to go extreme, A healthy 8p S3 with stage 2+ can easily do 12’s.

Don’t buy crap cheap coil overs.

Welcome

2015 Golf VII GTi Performance Pack DSG
Mk2 Golf 2.0l 16v Exec

Ex:
2012 Edition 35 Dsg CPI Stg2
Golf 6 .:R DSG CPI Stg2+
Scirocco 2.0TSi DSG K04
Golf 3 VR6 Turbo
Golf V GTi DSG
Mazda 3 MPS
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Thanks for the advise gents, looking forward to playing with the car.
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Anybody know what kind of price it will be to forge a S3 engine, parts and labor?
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

RuffS3 wrote:Anybody know what kind of price it will be to forge a S3 engine, parts and labor?
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

The weak point of the TFSi are the piston rings. You could do a quick drop in rod and piston combination, or go balls to the wall and replace most of the motor components.

All depends on your end goal.
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Ian_F wrote:
RuffS3 wrote:Anybody know what kind of price it will be to forge a S3 engine, parts and labor?
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

The weak point of the TFSi are the piston rings. You could do a quick drop in rod and piston combination, or go balls to the wall and replace most of the motor components.

End goal is not to have a race car as I have just sold my RX7 FD that I rebuilt from the ground up, so know all about having a Race Car (Garage Queen), I am looking at an S3 that needs some work on the motor so thought why not just forge one shot and never worry about it again. I would probably do hybrid turbo and not big turbo as I know the problems that come with big turbo setups as everything needs to be changed and upgraded.

Who would be the best shop to speak to in regards to parts and labor? Looking to get a price list together and see if it fits within my budget. Would use the standard KO4 for now and later upgrade to the hybrid.
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Ian_F wrote:
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

Just finished reading through your build, dam dude, lots of work. tears and race car things, know your pain bud but when its driving and you have reached your goal it will be all worth it.
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

RuffS3 wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

Just finished reading through your build, dam dude, lots of work. tears and race car things, know your pain bud but when its driving and you have reached your goal it will be all worth it.
Thanks for reading :)

Ive heard those words before.. One day :)
RuffS3
Enlisted

Post by RuffS3 »

Ian_F wrote:
RuffS3 wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

Hahahaha yeah have been doing some research and to achieve my goal I would need to do drop in forged conrods, new rings, head bolt kit, all bolts, standard pistons,gaskets etc. This should be fine for 350-400bhp. Will re-con the KO4 and do all the Stage 2+ mods. Should be good for 260wkw with Octane or Race fuel right?
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

RuffS3 wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
RuffS3 wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
What is your end goal?

Hybrid?
Big Turbo?

Hahahaha yeah have been doing some research and to achieve my goal I would need to do drop in forged conrods, new rings, head bolt kit, all bolts, standard pistons,gaskets etc. This should be fine for 350-400bhp. Will re-con the KO4 and do all the Stage 2+ mods. Should be good for 260wkw with Octane or Race fuel right?
For 260wkw you wouldn't need to do a motor refresh. But, with that set of motor modifications you could easily slap on a TTE 420 turbo later on with some updated injectors and get to 300+wkw