Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
trevorwc
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: GOLF5 TDI 2007

Post by trevorwc »

Hi All, Just bought me a 2007 G5 2lt TDI.....hoping to see some problem areas anybody might have experienced?.....from "DO's" to "DONT's"....from the small things like water leaks inside car......to simple Lights problems, internal and external......ALL are welcome to give me ANY advice what to look out for..... :type:......just a reminder....i am from the old school......im like 57 years of age....and need excellent advice for an Ol Toppy... :hurray:
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Re: Newbie

Post by Pik Sooter »

Howsit Trevor. Welcome to the forum. Great choice in vehicle. Check that the cambelt and water pump was replaced at around 120/130k. If not, put on urgent list. GoldWagen sell the Continental Cambelt Kit for around R 2, 500.00 and the replacement metal impellor water pump for around R 1, 000.00. Regular maintenance every 12.5/15k, use good quality oil and filters, ensure the oil is VW 505.5/507 rated. Besides that, really quite bullet proof cars, low stressed engine, excellent long distance traveller. Consider a stage 1 software upgrade (around R 4, 000.00). Really wakes up the engine, gives better fuel consumption and makes it a ton more responsive. Good luck and may you have many miles and smiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Post by Pik Sooter »

Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Welcome to the forum and enjoy it here :grin:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
trevorwc
Enlisted

Post by trevorwc »

:hug:
Pik Sooter wrote:Howsit Trevor. Welcome to the forum. Great choice in vehicle. Check that the cambelt and water pump was replaced at around 120/130k. If not, put on urgent list. GoldWagen sell the Continental Cambelt Kit for around R 2, 500.00 and the replacement metal impellor water pump for around R 1, 000.00. Regular maintenance every 12.5/15k, use good quality oil and filters, ensure the oil is VW 505.5/507 rated. Besides that, really quite bullet proof cars, low stressed engine, excellent long distance traveller. Consider a stage 1 software upgrade (around R 4, 000.00). Really wakes up the engine, gives better fuel consumption and makes it a ton more responsive. Good luck and may you have many miles and smiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks all........I will really check out all in depth...
trevorwc
Enlisted

Post by trevorwc »

Neuk wrote:Welcome to the forum and enjoy it here :grin:
Thanks very much.....
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 10 months
Car Model: Q5
Membership No: 1964

Post by Mbuzi »

trevorwc wrote:Hi All, Just bought me a 2007 G5 2lt TDI.....hoping to see some problem areas anybody might have experienced?.....from "DO's" to "DONT's"....from the small things like water leaks inside car......to simple Lights problems, internal and external......ALL are welcome to give me ANY advice what to look out for..... :type:......just a reminder....i am from the old school......im like 57 years of age....and need excellent advice for an Ol Toppy... :hurray:
Hello and welcome to the VW Club Forum! :hi:

We all hope that you enjoy your stay here and consider the wonderful opportunity of becoming a VWCSA Member and get awesome vwclub merchandise for only R300.

Before you do, please have a look at the Forum Rules

As well as the rules we have for Private Sales

If you have any questions obtaining to your vehicle and not to do with Introducing yourself post it in the Technical Discussions section

Please feel free to join in on the Events, its huge fun, and non-members are also more than welcome to join in on the action. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Now that you have introduced yourself to the forum, have a look at starting a Rides Thread and show us what you cruise the streets with. :driving:

(How to Post a Picture)

We look forward to having you on the forum, and hope to see you grow in the club, by becoming a member, and most of all, making new friends.

Cheers :hug: